Saturday, August 2, 2008

15 MILES

The morning started at 5am for me. That is so bloody early. That is my biggest struggle right now with training. To beat the heat you have to get up so early for long runs. I am just not a morning person so its really hard to force myself to get up so early. Anyways, I went with my friend Amber who is now going to run the STG Marathon with me and I couldnt be more excited. She is a great running partner. We ran from the top of Millcreek Canyon down through many neighborhoods and then over to 3900 south then over to highland drive and 3300 south area. It was really good running down the canyon and the weather wasnt too hot then. As we got out of the canyon it got really hard to run. We really had to push ourselves and were just so drained by that dang sun. Luckily we had Lacee come pick us up and I have been trying to take it easy the rest of the day. I still wonder how on earth I am going to do 26. But I will train very hard these next two months and I will do it. I just need more motivation-working on that too.

3 comments:

Alicia said...

I hope I run into you sometime at the St. George marathon! Congrats on 15 miles! I have to do that next Saturday. I did 10 this morning. I woke up 1 hour later than planned (totally slept through the alarm- not a morning person either) and I was in the blazing sun as well for the last half of the run. It was horrible! I was having second thoughts about running a marathon as well. UHG. Keep up the good work! 15 miles is more than half way there!

Kera said...

Congrats on your progress! I'm jealous...I'm about 20 weeks pregnant and i really miss running. But good for you, and I really wish you the best of luck!!!

Jen said...

Great job on the 15 miles! That's such an accomplishment in itself. Don't think about how much further the marathon is. Just take each week by itself and you'll be great. Those training plans know what you need to get through a marathon. Just know that many others have done the same as you and survived and you will too! The slot was fate so you know you just have to go for it!
I have a hard time with the heat too, it gets pretty brutal out there!