Tuesday, August 26, 2008

16 and Feeling Good

So I ran 16 miles on Sat. It was by far the best run I have had since I started running. I am attributing the good run to one of these things ( I havent figured out which one) Eating Sushi at 10pm the night before, I upped my weekday runs, just a good day, it was cooler, I had great new songs on my ipod (thanks to all that commented on my other blog with the songs) What ever one of those things or a combination of them all I was able to run so long with out stopping. I am still doing Galloway's walk/run program but I had so much energy that I was able to cut out a lot of the walking and I had a good time (for me) It gave me a confidence boost and helped me realize I can do this marathon. I want it so bad and I'm gonna do it. Still figuring out the in's and out's of all those little things that make my running day better. Like do I get new shoes even if I cant afford them? Do I just use insoles? Or just tough it out. And what do I eat the night before. Should I go with the Sushi? I've got about 6 weeks to figure it all out. I'm nervous and excited for this

1 comment:

Jen said...

Great job! You'll do so good and I can't wait to hear all about it! Good music makes such a difference and as far as figuring out all the pre race stuff, I'm still working on that! If sushi worked last time, I'd try it again before the race and see if it was just a fluke. As far as the shoes go...just know that you may be risking an injury if your shoes are really far gone. There's nothing like shin splints or knee problems to make a marathon miserable and all because of bad shoes. Do you have a birthday coming up or any excuse to spend extra? Good luck with it all!