Saturday, September 20, 2008

So I'm a Slacker

I havent kept up on this blog much lately. Although my training is still in progress I forget to write about my runs. I ran 20 miles last Sat. it was such a great run. I felt so good and accomplished when I finised. That is the farthest I will train, so I am a little nervous now. Hoping it will be enough and I will be able to add 6 miles to that. Its 2 weeks away...crazy. I think about it a lot, but I am trying not to get myself worked up about it. I know I can do it. I have trained very hard. I just wanna do it, and hope nothing gets in the way. Tappering is harder than I thought. Its like I know its so close, and I just want it to be here and cutting back the running makes the time go by slower. Anyways, I will probably write one more time until the big day. So wish me luck

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Good luck! I have the SGM jitters too and trying not to think about it too much. If the marathon mommies get together somehow to meet up and say hi, I hope I will meet you!

That is awesome that you felt good with your 20! That is all you can ask for.

Lisa Marie said...

Wow, 20 miles. I was dead after 10. 13.1 almost killed me. I realized afterwards that I would have done better if I had been doing some strength training as well. Especially in my hips. So if you're not doing any strength training, maybe as you taper add some side leg raises. You know, lay on the ground on your left side and lift your right leg up. That would have been very helpful.

mel or kel said...

I am so excited to see you in the STG!! Only two more weeks. Good luck with the rest of your runs.

see you soon
love m

Jen said...

Good luck! You'll do great! You'll be amazed at what you accomplished, in fact I'm sure you already are. 20 miles is HUGE! You'll have race day adrenaline, the downhill, and so many people behind you that those extra 6 will be o.k. Way to go!

Kera said...

so, what's the latest??

Joy said...

First of all....WOW on your determination! I could never, ever, ever run a marathon. Second, what email address would be good for me to use to add you to my blog? Let me know...joyouswilliams at gmail.