Thursday, June 26, 2008

Its been a while

Sorry for the lack of blogging. I have been super busy-not to say I havent stopped training. Things have been going really good. I took a week off after the half marathon and did a lot of thinking. I had to decide if I was going to run a marathon. I really wanted to but was I cut out for it?? I decided that I had already ran half, I need to finish my goal and run the marathon. Shortly there after I was given a slot from "St. George on the Run" and I was so excited. It gave me the boost that I needed. I have since picked up training..more than I was going before and I am really motivated to do this. I am running 5 days a week instead of 3 and I think that will help my endurance. I am also going to start doing more hill work..up and down to prepare me for the hills in St. George. Still in the process of figuring out my stomach issues but I have time and plenty of long runs to figure it out. Thats about it from here. I think I am going to run the Deseret Morning 10k on the 24th of July. So 3 more months of killing it running. Hope my body holds out (it has so far)

2 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

Good for you! Hang in there. In the end it will totally be worth it for you.

On another note, do you have a training program? It's never good to run too much. You don't want to burn out. If you don't have a program, I really like Hal Higdon. Here is his Marathon Training Program... http://www.halhigdon.com/marathon/Mar00novice.htm
If you already have one, disregard my noseyness. :)

Jen said...

Congrats on the slot! You'll do great! I'm really impressed with your determination. You'll be glad you did it! Just listen to your body and don't overdo it and you'll be great.