Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wonderful

So I have figured out that I do much better on my long runs than my weekday runs during the week. I dont know if its because I am outside where its so pretty, or if its that I am running with someone, or what but I am glad I enjoy it. On Sat. we ran 10 miles. We ran in Millcreek Canyon and then down Millcreek Road through neighborhoods. We decided to set a time of 2 hours. This is what we had ran our 9 miles at but felt we could push it. We ran or should I say walked and tried to run the first mile but it was up hill. That is really hard when you are just getting started. After that mile we ran so good. We took our needed walk breaks but we ran a lot of it. It was so gorgeous up there. The trees were so green and the river was flowing so strong. We even saw this natural waterfall. It was very peaceful. It started to get hot when we got out of the canyon and it slowed us down a little. But we did finish our 10 miles at 2hrs and 5 min. We felt really good about it. I feel very accomplished when I finish..also very tired!! Hope 11 Miles goes just as good. I run my Half in 2 weeks...getting a little nervous. 

4 comments:

Tifferbob said...

Your run sounds wonderful! Makes me want to go out now and have one.

Jen said...

Sounds like you're doing well! It is so much easier to run when there's someone there to do it with. I'm going to be running in the Bear Lake 1/2 too, so look for me!

Kera said...

congrats on a great run. I had an amazing experience on my last run too and there's nothing that can beat runner's high

Jen said...

Just wanted to wish you luck tomorrow on the half! You'll do great and it will give you a taste of what the marathon will be like. I hope to see you there!