Saturday, April 19, 2008

Brutal

I know I know it was only 4 miles, but I am going to be honest. It was brutal. The run started out with my mom and I dropping my car off at the Eaglewood golf course and then driving 4 miles to where I would begin my run. As I watched the mile gage we just kept driving and driving. "Is that right, we seem to be driving really far" As we kept going and going. We finally arrived at the Bountiful temple. I got out of the car and watched a bride and her family for a minute and then I was off. The wind was awful today, and it was blowing straight at me. Running in Bountiful made it even worse. I felt pretty good at first, then the hills came. I haven't really done any hill work yet to this was really hard for me. I'll be the first to admit I walked a lot. Throughout the 4 miles I think I can count 2 places where it was flat. Brutal I tell ya. Also I had put water at mile 2 and then from then on out I didn't have water. Bad idea (I'm going to get a waist band that holds water next week) the wind dried my mouth out so bad I couldn't even swallow. Although the run was hard, the highlight of my run was when I had stopped for a brief minute and looked back and saw the temple. It looked so far away...it was so cool to see that I had come this far. I know I have a lot of work to do..but I just have to take it day by day and take in these great moments. So all in all it was a pretty good run. I give my hats off to those that ran the marathon today with that wind-nice work!

3 comments:

tjcool18 said...

Hey Linds. I just wanted to say that I think it is awesome that you are running St. George. I am hoping to run that one again in October too. Training sucks, but it really is amazing to run the race!

Jen said...

Wasn't that wind awful? My mouth felt the same way! Good thing all the runs aren't that way! Great job sticking to it though and it sounds like the view was worth it!

Suzie Petunia said...

My parents live right up there near the Bountiful temple. The one thing I hate about visiting them is going for a run while I'm there! NOTHING BUT HILLS! Oh, it is miserable... especially in the summer heat. My hat is off to you for voluntarily running in that area!