Friday, April 18, 2008

Name Change


So not sure if anyone noticed, but I have changed the name of my blog. Its now "HEEL RUNNING" Here is the reason behind it (a couple of side notes first) Will Run For Designer Jeans is a great blog that I read. These girls are great motivation. They have been training with 6 friends-with great goals in mind. To finish the SLC Marathon and to get a great new pair of Designer Jeans after the training. So lately I have been thinking of some of my goals that come along with this marathon. 1) I really want to get back in shape and feel good about myself-I want to be a mother with great self esteem. I want to be an example of this for my child (and children in the future) 2) I want to test my limits and push myself, this is a goal that I have wanted to accomplish for a while and I will do it! Now this last (there are also many more I wont list) reason is why I have named my blog Heel Running. I have never been a heel person. Never have worn high heels, although I have wanted to. I cant get myself to wear them. I really hate my legs, thighs and butt. I really look awkward and awful wearing hills. I always tell my husband "fat girls cant wear heels" I see girls wearing the cutest heels and am envious that they look so great in them. So, another goal of mine is to train and work out like crazy. To slim down my lower half to finally wear heels...and feel great in them!!! So here's to wearing Heels!!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I seriously did not realize that this was a rule. I thought heels were suppose to make legs look longer? I always wished I could walk in heels and not fall on my face, so my legs could look long and thin.

I do however know the "no strapy sandals if you have cankles" rule, and the "no heels if your boyfriend is shorter than you" Who makes up these "rules" anyway. You go girlfriend get yo self some HEELS!

Lindsay S said...

I dont think the "fat chicks cant wear heals" rule is very well known. Its kinda my own rule for my own self. I just feel like this awkward blob trying to walk in them...but I love the "no strapy sandals rule"!! That totally made me laugh