Friday, May 16, 2008

Debating

So....yes I am trying to make another decision. There is a Jeff Galloway Running Group coming to Salt Lake City that is going to be training for either the St. George or TOU Marathons. Its 159 to sign up. I currently run by myself and am considering joining. Do you guys think its worth the money to pay to run with the group. Dont get me wrong, I am sure the people running in this group are great. Just trying to figure out if I should pay to be in a group. I am nervous about running with other people I dont know cause I am self consious about how slow I run-or how out of shape I really am. What is your advice about paying for a running group. Also, the $159 includes Jeff G's new book, 1 year subscription to Running World, and a Running Singlet. Let me know..Thanks

3 comments:

Allison said...

I am no runner, and I could in no way do what you are doing, but I think it is not worth it. I think this blog, and your friends can motivate you. Then again I don't really understand what a running group does? Are there trainers helping you with your form and stuff. I think you can do it with out, especially since you are not trying to beat a certain time, you just wanna run.

Holy ramble, sorry about that..

Lisa Marie said...

I agree with Allison. Don't join. Unless you have cash to burn, then go for it! What do you have to lose? Me, on the other hand. I need to be saving pennies. I'd rather spend my extra cash on some new jeans, a couple shirts, and a nice dinner with my hubby.

cherl said...

Got here from the Marathon Mommies website...
Running with a group is how most people get to a marathon. You will always find someone to motivate, encourage, inspire and push you to do better than you thought you could do. Don't discount the benefits of a group training program. Jeff Galloway is well-known and respected in running circles. The cost seems on the high side, but if it gets you from point A to point B... well, only you know if that is worth it to you. Personally I'd much rather spend money on things that improve my health, lead me to success, raise my confidence, speed up my running and get me to that finish line than material things like clothes. Finishing your first marathon is an unbelievable experience!