Monday, May 12, 2008

What a week

So this has been one crazy week of trying to make decisions. First off-(before the decision part) I did my long run on Sat. I had a cold the whole week and really was pissed about the whole St. George marathon thing, so I debated whether or not to run, but I decided to just quit being bummed and go run. I ran from about a mile above the Eagle Wood Golf Course down through the Bountiful streets for 7 miles. I ran pretty much the whole time down hill. I felt so great running fast down those hills and was doing really well. I got to the bottom of the hill and continued to run. I dragged the last two miles so bad. I dont know what my deal was. I just couldnt push myself. I was so worn out (later to figure out it was because I was getting yet another cold..my third in a row) I finished the last half a mile pushing it and running. I didnt have as good of time that I would have liked but I still finished, that was what mattered to me at that moment. Overall it was a good run. I felt really good running down hill. It pushed me and I tried to push myself and run faster. I ended up getting so sunburned that day! I havent been in the sun much since I had Izaiah, so I have some fun tan lines from my tank top and ipod to show. Good run though. The peanut butter and wheat bread really helps me on my run. Ok now to the decisions. I have signed up for the Bear Lake Half Marathon. I am so excited for it. Its supposed to be beautiful ( I actually just read that-dont know anyone who has ran it) Its around the lake and you are able to see the sun rise while you are running. I love Bear Lake so I'm excited. My parents are coming up to help with Izaiah (Joe has to work) and then we are staying 2 nights to play at the lake and for a little vacation. I'm excited. The other decision I am trying to make is what marathon to do. I am thinking about using a friends number for the St. George but they are pretty strict and I dont want to train super hard just to get the boot for doing something they dont "condone" I have thought about the Top Of Utah in Sept, but havent heard much about it (advice would be much appreciated) I could figure out my training to be able to do it this year. Or do I wait and do the SLC marathon in April or the Deseret Morning News in July. But I dont really want to train in the winter. I am so frazzled. I dont know what to do. HELP!! I need advice from you runners. I would really appreciate the help. Thank you so much. Here's to figuring out my marathon :)

3 comments:

Jen said...

I know how you feel about St. George. I didn't get picked either! I haver several friends who have run the top of utah and they all loved it! They say it's a good one for a first marathon. I'm going to do it this year along with a friend who didn't get into St. George either. I've heard the Deseret News one is hard just because of the heat. And my friend has run the Bear Lake half and says it's beautiful so that should be fun! Good luck and good job with your long run. You should be really proud of yourself for all you've accomplished so far!

Ang said...

I have heard that you should never run the deseret news marathon because it's too hot and there is so much uphill!

I too have heard good things about Top of Utah. Go for it!!!!

And next year you can go for St. George again. I'm going to try next year too.

Kelly(M&M) said...

Hey Lindsay, I was just debating about running a half marathon using someone's number and decided against it. It is not worth it, you will be stressed the whole time. Plus you want your time under your name- you deserve it after your hard work!!

I think Top of Utah sounds like a beautiful first marathon. Especially with Jen training for it! You will find others to train with from here.

Can't wait to hear your decision and how your training goes.